- Consume fluid intake of 2.5-3.0 litre/day in regular interval to maintain constant hydration.
- Drink cranberry juice to help prevent UTIs.
- Maintain weight in healthy range.
- Avoid smoking.
- Limit the intake of salt and caffeinated products.
- Empty your bladder before going to bed.
- Limit fluid intake 2-3 hours prior to sleep at night.
- Avoid prolonged holding of urine.
- Regular Kegal exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles.
- Front -to- back direction cleaning of genitals in women to prevent UTIs.
Published by Dr Varinder Attri
MS MCh (PGI Chandigarh), Urologist and Andrologist
View more posts