- Nearly one in six couple unable to conceive after one year of marriage.
- Male infertility contributes nearly 40% part in the couple’s infertility.
- Initial evaluation consists of detailed history, physical examination for testes, vas deferens, varicocele.
- A simple semen analysis gives information for future direction of investigation and management.
- Management of infertility may include simple smoking cessation, healthy lifestyle, hormone therapy, varicocele surgery, need for IUI, IVF or ICSI.
- Many couples with male infertility as a cause, can still have their own child with one of other method of assisted reproductive techniques such as IVF and TESA/TESE with ICSI.
Published by Dr Varinder Attri
MS MCh (PGI Chandigarh), Urologist, Andrologist and Laparoscopic surgeon
View all posts by Dr Varinder Attri