Golden rules for healthy kidney
- Stay active and keep yourself fit – maintain ideal body weight.
- Eat a healthy diet – reduce your salt intake, avoid processed and restaurant food.
- Check and control your blood pressure
- Check and control your blood sugars
- Drink adequate fluid daily – one should have sufficient fluid intake to have urine output of 1.5-2.0 litre/day which approximately amounts to 2.5-3.0 litre/day in comfortable climate.
- Avoid taking unnecessary non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs/painkillers – avoid over the counter painkillers (ibuprofen, diclofenac etc).
- Avoid/Quit smoking
- Get yourself tested if you are having Hypertension, Diabetes, obesity etc.